Tuesday, April 15, 2008

True Maturity

In my very first post on this blog, I talked about the moment I first felt like a grown-up. Today I bring you irrefutable proof that indeed I am officially and undoubtedly an adult.

Behold, the Kenmore Progressive Canister Vacuum:

No other material possession has brought me such sheer, unadulterated joy since... well, since we bought our minivan last year. (I rest my case.)

We found it a week ago, spent a week doing internet research (Brad) and dreaming/pining(me), and finally purchased it this weekend. As soon as Brad had it out of the van, I carefully and reverently unpacked it, put it together and read the manual from cover to cover.

And then, I vacuumed! Oh, the glory, the splendor of it all. The kitchen tile, the hardwoods, the area rug, the cursed almost-shag carpet on the stairs--it does it all with grace and simplicity.

I think I'm in love.

2 comments:

Uff-Da Gal said...

Julie, I am worried about you... vacuums and minivans, I just don't even know what to say to that. (Well, I do have to admit, I did little dances of joy when I got a new Kenmore vacuum as well, so it's good to know I'm not the only one who finds joy in incredible dirt collection! :) )

John Torkelson said...

Write more!!!!