Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Something about Halloween...

Clearly, there's something about that Halloween picture. The same thing happened last year -- I post the requisite Halloween picture and then promptly ignore my blog until sometime into the next calendar year. Last year it was the end of January -- this year we're into March (and let's be real...if not for my brother's nagging comments the mummy and the clown would still be gracing the top of this page even now!)

The sad thing is, my children have been providing enough blog material for about 10 blogging moms lately. And 5 years from now (or tomorrow) I'm going to kick myself for not having recorded this stuff somewhere.

So...for posterity, for the sake of moving past Halloween, and to make my brother happy --- a picture and a story:

For the past week or so, Liam has become very attached to a certain Twins baseball cap handed down to him from his brother. And by attached, I mean literally, physically attached...at all times.

The other morning when I went to get Liam out of bed, this is what I found:



Funnier yet, earlier that morning I heard him fussing and went in to fix his covers and tell him it wasn't time to get up yet. Though he wasn't even fully awake, his little arm popped out of the covers and groped around in the dark until it landed on his cap. Then he sat up, popped the cap on his head, shifted it back and forth until it was on just right, and laid back down to sleep.

I think he's been hanging out with his uncle Kevin too much!

No comments: