Thursday, October 14, 2010

Especially for Aunt Jessica!!

So I walked past the boys' bedroom door early this morning and heard quiet talking. I peeked in just enough to see that Liam had crawled up into the top bunk with Drew. Here's the conversation I overheard as I stood in the hall:

Drew: Well, does your baby cry a lot after he eats?
Liam: Oh, yes!
Drew: That means you're not burping him enough. You need to go 'top top bottom bottom middle middle, top top bottom bottom middle middle..."
Liam (accompanied by patting noises): Top top bottom bottom middle middle, top top bottom bottom middle middle.
Drew: You're learning how to be a daddy. See now, when you grow up you'll know how to be a good daddy.
Liam: Yep!
Drew: Is your baby tired now? Does he need a nap?
Liam: Oh no, he's not tired!
(Quiet murmuring I couldn't understand and then...)
Liam (singing): Good night, little smurf...sleep tight, little smurf..

And that's when I realized the "baby" they were taking care of was the stuffed 'Papa Smurf' Liam just got from his aunt this weekend!

2 comments:

Heather P. said...

If I didnt' know better, I'd swear you make up these conversations from the boys. Now that's one for posterity!

Cory said...

That might just be the cutest thing ever.