Thursday, August 2, 2007

Ten Years!

Seven homes in three states, 8 or 9 jobs and a Ph.D., two beautiful boys and countless hours of laughter, tears and great conversation -- what a great ten years it's been!

Brad was my first date, my first kiss, my first love. And he's been my best friend for 18 years! What a joy it has been to watch God transform him from a polite, gangly, very bright but somewhat neurotic 17 year old, into a confident, godly man so capable of leading his family, guiding his students and serving God. He is such a blessing to me!

2 comments:

John Torkelson said...

Hey,
I meant to call you two on your tenth, but I guess leading a mission trip with 21 students serves as a good excuse! Hey, I think Brad turned out to be an awesome brother-in-law and I wouldn't have wanted anyone else for you! I am really proud of who both of you have become. Thanks, both of you for living in a way that has been a wonderful example for me in life and marriage! You and really your whole family have been an incredible blessing to me and mine! Love you guys and congradulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, as well! I can’t believe that you’ve been married for 10 years, much like I can’t believe that Drew has just turned 4! And, at this point, I can’t even remember what life was like before you and Brad met; you have always been such a natural part of our family! Here’s to another 10!