Friday, June 29, 2007

A Little Perspective

I've found myself in a bit of a hormone-induced slump (if you know what I mean) the last few days and decided I needed a little reality check.

So...things I am thankful for this week:
  • the fact that Drew and his dad are currently at a movie together...and as I watched them head into the theatre I couldn't tell which one was more excited about it
  • having a blonde-haired, blue-eyed excuse to go down the waterslide at the local pool over and over and over and...you get the idea
  • absolutely perfect summer weather--cool evenings, chilly mornings, warm and bright afternoons

  • corn on the cob dripping with butter (although Heather's right--it's still a little early)

  • getting the giggles with Drew this morning (No, not laughing at something with him because I knew he thought it was really funny, not chuckling to myself over something he did that I thought was funny. This was the two of us laughing until we were crying about something we found mutually hilarious--and it was awesome!)

  • the way my husband so readily apologizes when he knows he's been wrong--and realizing how much our relationship has grown in almost ten years of marriage

  • watching Liam eat cheerios out of his daddy's mouth like a baby bird and his mommy (maybe you have to be there)

  • getting my haircut

  • getting Drew's haircut (and having it be a pleasant experience for all involved)

  • the times I found satisfaction in God rather than food this week

  • God's tender mercy for the times I didn't

  • seeing a picture of the little Korean boy our dear friends (already the parents of 13- and 10-year-old girls) will soon be adopting--and being a part of yet another chapter of the amazing adventure God launched them on a year ago

  • knowing that God has an amazing adventure planned for us too--and having the courage to pray that He would reveal it

  • The sheer joy my boys have in being together:

    Yeah, okay, I feel better already.

    2 comments:

    Heather said...

    Julie,you and I were apparently on the same wavelength yesterday. Thanks for the laughs and the smiles this morning -- I really needed them:) And isn't "the boy" soooo cute! I can't wait to meet him! Love you!

    Julie said...

    Yeah, I visited your blog right after I finished posting and had to laugh--we definitely were on the same page!