Thursday, May 21, 2009

File Under: Things My Children Will No Longer Say in 10 Years

#1:
Drew had field day at school yesterday and I went to help out. It was a gorgeous day and we all had a great time going from station to station playing games. I was in charge of a group of 7: Drew and 6 of his classmates. About half way through, Drew flashed me a dreamy smile and then said, "Only one person on my team is lucky enough to have his MOM as the leader! And it's ME!!!"

#2:
I was goofing around with Liam yesterday and said, "Liam, I have a surprise for you!"
He glanced over at me and asked, "What?"
"You'll never guess," I continued.
His eyes widened now, "What?!!"
"I love you!" I responded, a little afraid that he'd now be disappointed.
No worries. He immediately threw up his hands in the air and shouted, "YIPPEE!!!"

Who says you don't get paid to be a stay-at-home mom??

2 comments:

Kat said...

Julie, this is absolutely precious! Yippeee!

Anonymous said...

And I give a big YIPPEE for more blog posts! Reading about you and the boys always makes me smile! :)
- Shelly