Thursday, May 28, 2009

Future Defense Attorney, Perhaps

Today Drew did something to exasperate Liam, and Liam hit him. (Hmmm, I could probably say that sentence every other day.) At the end of Liam's time out, I asked him why he was in a timeout.

"Because Drew kicked my truck!" was his immediate response.

"No, Liam, why are YOU in time out?" I pressed.

"Because Drew did....and Drew....and then Drew....and he frustrated me!"

"So, what did YOU do, Liam?" I asked, gently.

"I got a timeout."

Oh, the injustice.

1 comment:

John Torkelson said...

Its all in the perspective here. I know the injustice your youngest suffered today!!! You totally took the older kid perspective in this situation. Drew (like someone else I know) may have been egging on Liam, knowing he would get hit and then ran and told mom! So, who is to be punished? The one who antagonized or the one who lashed out???? I know you have to have a no tolerance to hitting, but just thought it was funny because you totally wrote this from the older child perspective!